The Avon Police Department is currently in the process of implementing a comprehensive "Child Safety Program" to the citizens of Avon. The program targets parents and children, with an informational and technological approach. This program educates in topics such as Internet safety, missing children, and abduction/exploitation prevention. This program also provides parents with a comprehensive list of recommended resources.
The "Child Safety Program" consists of both a fifteen-page brochure developed by the Detective Division along with the implementation of the "Amber Alert Program." The "Amber Alert Program" is a national database, which is managed by each individual state.
The "Amber Alert Program" requires a participating child's photograph and essential demographic information to be obtained. This information is stored in a secure database by the Connecticut Department of Public Safety-Communications Center, and assists in locating a missing and/or abducted child. In addition, parents will receive a wallet sized laminated card with their child's photograph and unique "Amber Alert Identification Number."
The Avon Police Department has partnered with the Rotary Club, Avon Junior Women's League, and Simsbury Bank in order to bring this program to completion.
Please check back to this website to find the latest dates for the "Amber Alert Program."
- Animal Control
- Avon Child Safety Program
- Avon Police Cadets Program
- Avon Police Department Bicycle Patrol Unit
- Black Bear Do's and Don'ts
- Community Alert - Motor Vehicle Burglary/Theft
- Connecticut Emergency Alerting and Notification System
- Connecticut Sex Offender Registry
- D.A.R.E. Information
- Drug Take Back Day 4-29-17
- Homeland Security I.C.E. Victim Notification
- IA Statistics 2014-2016
- Interested in Law Enforcement?
- Mission Statement
- Office of Victim Advocate
- Office of Victim Advocate-Crime Victim Survey
- Permit Application to Conduct a Bazaar
- Police Officer Meritorious Service Fund
- Procedure for Obtaining Raffle/Bazaar Permit
- Procedures - Citizen's Guide to Making Commendations and Complaints
- Property Checks
- Raffle Permit Application
- Records Unit
- Special Olympics New England Pasta Company Fundraiser
- Teen Parent Driver Agreement
- Verified Bazaar Statement
- Verified Raffle Statement
- Women's Situational Awareness and Personal Safety Presentation
Avon Police Department
60 West Main StreetAvon, CT 06001
Main Number (860) 409-4200
Records Unit (860) 409-4220