Procedures - Citizen's Guide to Making Commendations and Complaints
Citizen's Guide to Making Commendations and Complaints
The Avon Police Department strives to provide superior service to the community. In order to help us meet this goal, we appreciate citizen input. Your constructive comments about our service can only help us to improve and continue our superior service.
Commending Exceptional Service
Avon Police Officers are happy to, and always strive to, provide exceptional police services. While the women and men of the Avon Police Department don't expect to be thanked for everything they do, recognition for exceptional service is always welcomed. Also, this type of feedback helps us to keep the high level of service to you.
Making a Citizen Complaint
You may make a complaint by letter, telephone, e-mail or in person. A supervisor is available at Police Headquarters, 60 West Main Street, Avon, CT at any time. A copy of the Avon Police Department policy (with corresponding forms) is available here. A Uniform Civilian Complaint Report form is available here. Oftentimes, in our experience, a complaint from a citizen may come from a misunderstanding of police procedures or policies. We do encourage you to pursue speaking with a supervisor, however, we do understand that some complaints require or cannot be resolved without a thorough investigation. During the investigative process, you will be kept informed about the process and may be asked to provide additional information. You will also be advised when the investigation is completed.
Annual internal affairs statistics summary is available here.
- Animal Control
- Avon Child Safety Program
- Avon Police Cadets Program
- Avon Police Department Bicycle Patrol Unit
- Black Bear Do's and Don'ts
- Community Alert - Motor Vehicle Burglary/Theft
- Connecticut Emergency Alerting and Notification System
- Connecticut Sex Offender Registry
- D.A.R.E. Information
- Drug Take Back Day 4-29-17
- Homeland Security I.C.E. Victim Notification
- IA Statistics 2014-2016
- Interested in Law Enforcement?
- Mission Statement
- Office of Victim Advocate
- Office of Victim Advocate-Crime Victim Survey
- Permit Application to Conduct a Bazaar
- Police Officer Meritorious Service Fund
- Procedure for Obtaining Raffle/Bazaar Permit
- Procedures - Citizen's Guide to Making Commendations and Complaints
- Property Checks
- Raffle Permit Application
- Records Unit
- Special Olympics New England Pasta Company Fundraiser
- Teen Parent Driver Agreement
- Verified Bazaar Statement
- Verified Raffle Statement
- Women's Situational Awareness and Personal Safety Presentation