- The Board of Finance will hold a Special Meeting with the Town Council and the Board of Education on Monday, May 4th at 7:00 p.m. Details of the proposed budget will be presented to the Board at this time.
- The Board of Finance will hold a Budget Workshop with the Town Council and the Board of Education on Monday, May 11th at 7:00 p.m. The Board of Finance will consider the adoption of a budget and the setting of a mill rate.
- Assessor’s Office - Property Record Look-up database available for online access and Renter’s Rebate Program forms available for download. Please call the Office regarding deadlines for specific tax relief programs.
- Building Department – Permit forms available for download. Inspections are being completed on a limited basis. Please contact the Building Department for details.
- Collector of Revenue – Pay your tax bill online.
- Engineering Department - Maps and mapping available online, driveway and sewer permit forms available for download.
- Fire Marshal’s Office – Permit forms available for download. Inspections are being completed on a limited basis. Please contact the Fire Marshal's Office for details.
- Human Resources – Application for Employment available for download.
- Planning & Community Development – Applications available for download.
- Police Department – Citizens’ Police Academy applications, bingo permit applications, and raffle permit applications available for download.
- Recreation & Parks Department – Register for programs and classes online.
- Registrar of Voters – Register to vote or change your political party affiliation. Check your voter registration status.
- Social Services – Dial-a-Ride application and Food Assistance application available for download.
- Town Clerk – Absentee Ballot application, Dog License application, Trade Name Certificates, Request forms for certified copies of birth records, marriage records, and death certificates available for download. Land record database and public document database available for online access.
- Town Manager’s Office – Public bids and RFPs available for download.
It is the goal of the Avon Police Department to provide continued and uninterrupted police services during this difficult time. Therefore, effective immediately, The Avon Police Department will be taking precautionary measures to limit potential exposure/spread of the COVID-19 virus. The following measures are being taken:
- For emergency calls, Avon Police Officers will respond as normal.
- For non-emergency calls the Avon Police Department will be accepting complaints over the phone. Callers will be asked to provide their name and phone number to the dispatcher. The caller can expect an officer to call them back shortly to discuss the issue and determine if police response is necessary.*
- If police response is needed, you will be asked to meet the officer outside of your residence or business.
- If a police report is needed, the information can be taken over the phone and you will be provided a case number
- If you must come to the police department, you are asked to call the Police Department in advance.
- Fingerprinting has been discontinued until further notice.
These precautions are temporary and we look forward providing the best service possible. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
The routine number for the Avon Police Department is 860-409-4200.
*All phone calls will be made from an Avon Police Department landline so the caller ID identifies the Avon Police Department is calling. If you are unsure you are speaking with an Avon Police Officer, hang up and call our routine phone number listed above.