Veterans' Papers

Any veteran may file their discharge papers with the Town Clerk’s office free of charge. Original DD214’s or certified copies of DD214’s are acceptable.

After filing their DD214, any veteran who served in the military during a time of war may apply for a property tax exemption on their home or automobile.  Discharge papers must be filed on or before September 30th to be effective for the following July's tax payment.