The Director of Human Resources plans, organizes and administers the personnel, benefits, labor relations, occupational safety and risk management programs of the town and provides related consultive services to the Town Manager and Department Heads.
The Human Resources Department administers personnel programs such as: recruitment, examination, classification, compensation, orientation, employee benefits and employee development and training. In addition, the Department administers equal employment, affirmative action, workplace safety and the practical application of state and federal laws pertaining to employment practices. The Department is also responsible for the Town's Risk Management program including analysis, procurement, implementation and administration of liability, property and casualty insurance as well as workers compensation.
The Director of Human Resources is also responsible for Town labor relations activities including negotiations and administration of collective bargaining agreements and may serve as the principal representative of the Town in grievance, arbitration and workers or unemployment compensation hearings.
Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
News & Announcements
- AHS Booster Club Hosts The Falcon 5K Sunday, October 30, 8:15 am
- TODAY & Friday: American Red Cross Blood Drive in Avon
- CORRECTED Avon Historical Society Fall 2016 newsletter story
- Friday, October 28, 2016 Barn Dance and Pasta Dinner! ...and Stalls for Lease...
- Avon Historical Society seeks loans of WWI items for winter display