Connecticut Council of Family Services (CCFSA): CCFSA collectively serves more than 180,000 families, making us one of the largest associations of community-based human services for children, adults and families. All members are nationally accredited, nonprofit, human service agencies. Together we form a collaborative statewide system of support for all phases of family life, working with government and philanthropy to meet our mission. Please see information and visit their website!
Gifts of Love: Who We Are and What We Do: If you are a family in the Farmington Valley and could use some support in obtaining additional food for your family, you can become a client of Gifts of Love. Simply call 860-676-2323 and make an appointment.
About Gifts of Love and Gifts of Love Farm: Gifts of Love, Inc. reduces financial crises for working individuals and families in the Greater Hartford area with offering short-term programs and education that support and improve sustainability.
In an effort to help working families attain financial independence, Gifts of Love offers the following programs and services at no charge to clients:
- Food and Nutrition Program: The Food and Nutrition Program includes a food pantry where clients "shop" for food once a month and is stocked with a wide variety of non-perishable foods, paper goods, personal hygiene items, meat, and fresh produce, including fruits and vegetables grown at the Gifts of Love Farm in Simsbury.
- Weekend Backpack Program: Each Friday Gifts of Love distributes backpacks filled with food and beverages to be used by families in the Farmington Valley; ensuring that these families have adequate food and nutrition.
- Clothes Closet: Clients can "shop" for in-season clothing for their families once per month.
- Linen Closet and Household Room: Offers clients an array of bed linens, towels, curtains, pots, pans, dishes and small appliances, which are particularly important to clients who are leaving a shelter, experiencing a divorce or have suffered a fire.
- Operation Fuel: Gifts of Love is a Fuel Bank for Avon, Canton, Farmington and Simsbury. Call for additional information and to contact the Program Manager.
- Holiday Program: The Holiday Program enables clients to “shop” for new items for their family members for the holidays.
- Back-to-School Program: In August, Gifts of Love provides in-need children with fully-stocked backpacks, including pencils, paper, dictionaries and other necessary school supplies so they can start the school year ready for academics.
If you are in need of services, please contact us at 860-676-2323 ask for Denise Phillips or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are in need of Operation Fuel please contact us at 860-676-2323 ask for Nancy Carlson or email email@example.com.
Access Health CT - Connecticut's Health Insurance Marketplace
NOTE= All Clients should go through Access Health CT website to apply for HUSKY/Title 19/Medicaid, except those who are 65 and older or disabled and still working, where a Department of Social Services W-1E form should be completed and submitted. Please click here for information.
Parent Resource - The Governor's Prevention Partnership
When a Child Needs You, But You Need Help - .Emergency Mobile Psychiatric Services (EMPS) is a mobile intervention service for children and adolescents experiencing a behavioral or mental health crisis that is accessed by calling 2-1-1.
Jordan's Sporting Goods - Free new and gently used sporting goods, for taking and for donating! Store located at 45 East Main Street in Avon. Phone number is Cuts for Peanuts 860-677-0047. Call for more information!
State of Connecticut Department of Housing Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCV) and State Rental Assistance Program (RAP) pre-applications. Click here
The New England Pension Assistance Project - click here
Farmington Continuing Education - click here