Additional Programs: Please click here for all energy / fuel related programs in CT
CT Energy Assistance Programs
The State of CT helps households pay for primary heating bills.To be eligible, household income could be up to 200% of the federal poverty income guidelines. Please click on the Energy Assistance Benefits & Documents Needed for Energy Assistance links below.
Message for Fiscal Year 2020:
This is to inform you that the Community Action Agencies (CAA) have been notified that the fuel delivery authorization deadline for the Connecticut Energy Assistance Program (CEAP) is being extended from Monday, March 16, 2020 to Wednesday, April 1, 2020. That will be the last day for authorization requests and for unauthorized deliveries that can be paid from the Basic Benefit award. The price will be posted until Monday, April 6, 2020 for any deliveries made through Tuesday, April 7, 2020 to accommodate all authorizations requested by April 1st.
Please note that no additional deliveries will be authorized for clients that have exhausted their benefits for the FFY 2020 CEAP program year.
- Social Security numbers for all household members
- Dates of birth for all household members
- For electric or natural gas: current electric AND gas bill (if applicable), in the name of a household member over 18
- For oil, kerosene, wood or propane: current electric bill, in the name of a household member over 18 AND name of fuel company
- Proof of current gross income: Pay stubs, if self employed, most recent IRS 1040 with all schedules, Social Security award letter, we cannot accept 1099 forms for social security, Pensions,1099-R is required and other monthly benefits for all household members for 4 weeks prior to application date
- Current rent or mortgage statement
- Electric bill (regardless of heat source)
- Proof of current assets (bank statements, stocks, bonds, etc)
Citizen's Energy (Joe-4-Oil): This program is not consistently funded...Customer Service has advised that the Program, when available, has a very high call volume; but encourage people in need to contact 1-877-563-4645 for more information.
REMINDER - Operation Fuel has YEAR-ROUND Energy Assistance
Operation Fuel ensures equitable access to energy for all by providing year-round energy assistance, promoting energy independence, and advocating for affordable energy. Call Gifts of Love at 860-676-2323.
Year-Round Energy Assistance
* Administered by Volunteer Fuel Banks
* Grants for deliverable fuel or gas and electric utilities
* Grants up to $500
* Grants for heat or electricity
* One time grant per household, per year
Furnace and Water Heater Repair & Replacement Program
* Administer by select Volunteer Fuel Banks
* Grants up to $5,000
* A one-time grant
How to apply:
* Call Gifts of Love at 860-676-2323 for more information to see if you qualify or to schedule an appointment