EMERGENCY CALLS: POLICE/FIRE/MEDICAL 911
ROUTINE CALLS: (860) 409-4200
RECORDS DIVISION: (860) 409-4220
OFFICE OF THE CHIEF OF POLICE
Police Chief Mark Rinaldo (860) 409-4214
Chief's Secretary Cynthia Zdanzukas (860) 409-4214
The Police Department staff consists of 35 regular officers, two supernumerary officers, six civilian dispatchers, one administrative secretary, and two full-time records clerks. The Police Department is proud to have been awarded national accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies, Fairfax, Virginia, since 1993.
The Department philosophy is Service to the Community. We support D.A.R.E. (Drug Abuse Resistance Education), Police Cadets, and the Citizen Police Academy. The Department uses a Juvenile Review Board, offering an alternative to criminal courts by referring youthful offenders meeting certain criteria to the Board for remediation.
The Operations Division is headed by Lieutenant Kelly Walsh (phone: 860-409-4241) and the Administration Division is headed by Lieutenant John Schmalberger (phone: 860-409-4216).
Residents of Avon over the age of 18 are encouraged to join the Citizen Police Academy. Please call (860) 409-4200 for more information.
|Mark Rinaldo||Chief of Police||(860) 409-4213|
|Cynthia Zdanzukas||Secretary||(860) 409-4214|
- Animal Control
- Avon Child Safety Program
- Avon Police Cadets Program
- Avon Police Department Bicycle Patrol Unit
- Black Bear Do's and Don'ts
- Community Alert - Motor Vehicle Burglary/Theft
- Connecticut Emergency Alerting and Notification System
- Connecticut Sex Offender Registry
- D.A.R.E. Information
- Drug Take Back Day 4-29-17
- Homeland Security I.C.E. Victim Notification
- IA Statistics 2014-2016
- Interested in Law Enforcement?
- Mission Statement
- Office of Victim Advocate
- Office of Victim Advocate-Crime Victim Survey
- Permit Application to Conduct a Bazaar
- Police Officer Meritorious Service Fund
- Procedure for Obtaining Raffle/Bazaar Permit
- Procedures - Citizen's Guide to Making Commendations and Complaints
- Property Checks
- Raffle Permit Application
- Records Unit
- Special Olympics New England Pasta Company Fundraiser
- Teen Parent Driver Agreement
- Verified Bazaar Statement
- Verified Raffle Statement
- Women's Situational Awareness and Personal Safety Presentation