Connecticut Emergency Alerting and Notification System
The CT Alert ENS is a service used by the State of Connecticut to provide awareness of critical safety hazards and possible disasters. CT Alert ENS uses the state’s Enhanced 9-1-1 (E9-1-1) database for location-based notifications to the public.~However, the E9-1-1 database includes only traditional wire-line telephone numbers in the state (the “land line” phone you may have in your home).~Ct Alert will alert you through whatever communication device you choose: mobile phones, email, text messaging, instant message or pagers, etc. You can always edit information or delete profile at anytime.
HOW DOES CT ALERT ENS WORK???
The CT Alert ENS allows the Town of Avon to rapidly notify specific geographical areas or the entire town with minimal impact on emergency services personnel. You will receive time sensitive messages with critical information. If the system cannot reach you the first time, it will cycle through the second contact you provided until you confirm you received the message.
NOTE: You are responsible for any costs associated with your receipt of text, phone or other messages received through any emergency notification system.
- Animal Control
- Avon Child Safety Program
- Avon Police Cadets Program
- Avon Police Department Bicycle Patrol Unit
- Black Bear Do's and Don'ts
- Community Alert - Motor Vehicle Burglary/Theft
- Connecticut Emergency Alerting and Notification System
- Connecticut Sex Offender Registry
- D.A.R.E. Information
- Drug Take Back Day 4-29-17
- Homeland Security I.C.E. Victim Notification
- IA Statistics 2014-2016
- Interested in Law Enforcement?
- Mission Statement
- Office of Victim Advocate
- Office of Victim Advocate-Crime Victim Survey
- Permit Application to Conduct a Bazaar
- Police Officer Meritorious Service Fund
- Procedure for Obtaining Raffle/Bazaar Permit
- Procedures - Citizen's Guide to Making Commendations and Complaints
- Property Checks
- Raffle Permit Application
- Records Unit
- Special Olympics New England Pasta Company Fundraiser
- Teen Parent Driver Agreement
- Verified Bazaar Statement
- Verified Raffle Statement
- Women's Situational Awareness and Personal Safety Presentation
Avon Police Department
60 West Main StreetAvon, CT 06001
Main Number (860) 409-4200
Records Unit (860) 409-4220