In Police lobby you will find:
State of Conn. DMV Forms:
Bill of Sale
Motor Vehicle Registration Change of address sticker and form
Like all government agencies, the Avon Police Department is required under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) to disclose certain records requested in writing by person. Each state has its own public access laws that should be consulted for access to local records. You can find more information on FOIA at the Connecticut Freedom Of Information website. **Copies of records may be requested by phone, mail or in person. However, State Statutes govern which reports are releasable.
Information needed to process your request:
Incident Numbers are the most helpful. Reports can also be found by date, time, location, name of person involved or name of officer. If you lose an infraction or summons ticket we will also copy these for you.
Cost of Reports: According to State Statutes, the charge is 50 cents for each side copied.
Accident Reports: The officers have as long as needed to complete a report. Reports are usually available in two to three business days.
Active Investigations: Records are not accessible.
Arrest Reports: Requests must be made to the Hartford Superior Court, 101 Lafayette Street, Hartford CT 06106. (860) 566-1630.
All requests for information must be made to the Juvenile Court. The police are statutorily forbidden from releasing juvenile arrest information.
REQUESTING A RECORDS CHECK
You will need to bring your photo ID. We only check for records in Avon. For a statewide records check you may visit the State Police Bureau of Identification.
Fingerprints are for residents and individuals who work in town. Call the Detective Division at 860-409-4230 to make arrangements during the following dates and hours:
Tuesdays 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon
Thursdays 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
PRIVATE DUTY OFFICER
Requests for Private Duty Officer are made by calling Dispatch at 860-409-4200; ask for Patrol Sergeant.
Comments and Questions can be emailed to the Records Unit Supervisor Sergeant David Gannon, or call (860) 409-4226.
- Animal Control
- Avon Child Safety Program
- Avon Police Cadets Program
- Avon Police Department Bicycle Patrol Unit
- Black Bear Do's and Don'ts
- Community Alert - Motor Vehicle Burglary/Theft
- Connecticut Emergency Alerting and Notification System
- Connecticut Sex Offender Registry
- D.A.R.E. Information
- Drug Take Back Day 4-29-17
- Homeland Security I.C.E. Victim Notification
- IA Statistics 2014-2016
- Interested in Law Enforcement?
- Mission Statement
- Office of Victim Advocate
- Office of Victim Advocate-Crime Victim Survey
- Police Officer Meritorious Service Fund
- Procedures - Citizen's Guide to Making Commendations and Complaints
- Property Checks
- Records Unit
- Teen Parent Driver Agreement
- Women's Situational Awareness and Personal Safety Presentation