When requesting certified copy of a vital record please provide photo ID or copy of photo Id if request is through the mail.
Individuals getting married in Connecticut must obtain their marriage license no more than 65 days before their wedding from the Town Clerk's office in the town where the wedding is to take place.
Both parties must apply for the license in person, but they do not have to appear together.
The fee for a marriage license is $30.00. Marriage license worksheet
When applying for a marriage license, you must arrive no later that one half hour before the office closes.
The fee for certified copies of marriage licenses is $20.00 per copy. Request Form for Certified Copy of a Marriage Record
Copies of birth certificates are on file in the Town Clerk's office in the town of occurrence, in the Town Clerk's office in the town of residence of the mother at time of birth, and the State of Connecticut Department of Vital Statistics in Hartford.You may obtain a certified copy from any of these sources.The fee is $20.00 per copy (long form).Request Form for Certified Copy of a Birth Record
All requests for birth certificates must be made in writing. If you are requesting a birth certificate by mail, please include the following:
- Full name and date of birth of individual named on the certificate
- Parents' full names when birth occurred (including mother's maiden name)
- Proof of identification (copy of your current driver's license or any other photo ID)
- If photo ID is not available, copies of two of the following may be used: Social Security card, written verification of identity from employer (on letter head), automobile registration, copy of utility bill showing name and address, pay stub with name on it, checking account deposit slip stating name and address
- Please be sure to include address where the certificate is to be sent, and all requests must be signed.
Copies of death certificates are on file in the Town Clerk's office where an individual died, the Town Clerk's office where an individual resided before their death, and the State of Connecticut Department of Vital Statistics in Hartford.
In order to obtain a certified copy of a death certificate, you must provide the name and date of death of the individual. Request Form for Certified Copy of a Death Certificate