Below are resources regarding utility programs that help low-income customers:
Weatherization Help - The Connecticut Energy Efficiency Fund (CEEF) is an initiative to help homeowners, renters, businesse s, and state and local governments use energy more efficiently.
AT&T Connecticut Lifeline - Because phone service is so important in today's world, AT&T Connecticut believes everyone should have access to it.
CRT Energy Assistance Program- This is a YEARLY application process. If you qualify (based on income), you may be eligible for an award to draw from on oil deliveries, or a credit that is applied to your Gas or Electric account in the Spring. The award is applied to the household's primary heating source, and applications run from mid-September to the end of April.
CNG | Connecticut Energy Assistance - Our work doesn't stop there - we also have many services designed to meet the variety of needs you or your family members may have.
HSIE Program - If you heat with gas, you may be eligible to recieve assistance with fixing your boiler. Conact CNG at 860-524-8361 for more information.
Operation Fuel- If funds are available and your income level quaifies, you may apply for CRT Energy Assistance and then contact Gifts of Love for more information. 860-676-2323
Internet Essentials- Affordable internet at home (if qualified)
Safelink Wireless - Safelink is a phone company that is offering free service, 64 minutes per month, for one year, to anyone in CT who qualifies for one of the programs listed below:
- CT Energy Assistanc Program
- Contingency Heating Assistance Program
- Federal Public Housing Assistance/Section 8 housing voucher
- Food Stamps
- Medicaid/Title 19 including HUSKY and Healthy Start
- Personal Care Assistance
- Refugee Program
- Rental Assistance Program
- State Supplement to the Aged, Blind or Disabled
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Temporary Family Assistance (TFA) state welfare program
How to Keep Year Round Utility Service - The attached pamphlet was produced by the Legal Assistance Resource Center of CT in cooperation with Connecticut Legal Services, Greater Hartford Legal Aid, New Haven Legal Assistance Association, and Statewide Legal Services.
- Additional Forms, Applications & Information
- Budget Coaching Program
- Disabled / Homebound
- Domestic Violence & Sexual Abuse
- Emergency Management
- Energy Assistance
- Flu Shots
- Food Assistance
- Health Services / Medical Insurance
- Holiday Basket Program
- Home Care Resources
- Housing / Mortgage Assistance
- Job / Employment and Education/ Training Resources
- Legal Information
- Mental Health & Addiction Resource
- NAMI Support Group
- Other Transportation Resources
- Prescription Drug Discount Card Program
- Renters' Rebate Program
- Resources & Assistance
- SNAP EMPLOYMENT & TRAINING PROGRAM
- Support Groups
- Utility Programs
- Veterans' Resources
- Youth Services