- Caregiver Support Group - please click here to see the flyer for more information.
- Alzheimers Association - CT Chapter (860) 828-2828
- Arden Courts (Avon) - (860) 678-7500
For those who have lost a loved one by suicide
We are the “survivors”.
We are the families and friends of suicide victims who are left behind to make sense of the tragedy.
- Located at the Avon Free Public Library, the suicide “survivors” support group provides a safe place for those grieving to share their experiences with others who have suffered a similar loss.
- Meetings are the 2nd Monday of each month.
- Please contact the Peer Facilitator by phone or email prior to your first meeting.
- Phone: 860-655-1562 or send email
Advocacy Unlimited - Toivo
399 Franklin Ave., Hartford CT 06114
ALTERNATIVES TO SUICIDE
Group offers the opportunity to talk openly about suicide and the feelings of deep emotional distress with others who have had or are currently experiencing difficult times. People are encouraged to come, both in times of strength and challenge. Individuals need not be ‘in crisis’ to attend. You’re not alone! AU's Hilary Bryant and Martin Burke are the group facilitators.
Every Wednesday 4:00-5:00 p.m.
Contact Hilary Bryant firstname.lastname@example.org or Martin Burke email@example.com
Group meets every Monday from 7:00 to 8:00 pm at Toivo in Hartford. For more information, contact the Toivo Office at.
Every Monday 7:00 - 8:00 p.m.
Contact Stephen Matos at 860-306-1820
RECOVERY GROUP FOR MEN
Group that offers the opportunity to talk openly about your experiences.
Every Saturday 9:00-10:00 a.m.
Contact Stephen Matos 860-306-1820
RECOVERY GROUP FOR WOMEN
Group is open to all women in recovery. Come share your experiences, strength, and hope with each other in a supportive environment. This workshop will be facilitated by Robin Cullen and AU's Linda Lentini.
Every Monday 5:00 - 6:00 pm
Please RSVP to Linda Lentini at firstname.lastname@example.org. Duration: 20 weeks
** If you have a non-profit support group you would like considered for posting on this site, please contact the Avon Social Servcies Department. **
- Additional Forms, Applications & Information
- Budget Coaching Program
- Disabled / Homebound
- Domestic Violence & Sexual Abuse
- Emergency Management
- Energy Assistance
- Flu Shots
- Food Assistance
- Health Services / Medical Insurance
- Holiday Basket Program
- Home Care Resources
- Housing / Mortgage Assistance
- Job / Employment and Education/ Training Resources
- Legal Information
- Mental Health & Addiction Resource
- NAMI Support Group
- Other Transportation Resources
- Prescription Drug Discount Card Program
- Renters' Rebate Program
- Resources & Assistance
- SNAP EMPLOYMENT & TRAINING PROGRAM
- Support Groups
- Utility Programs
- Veterans' Resources
- Youth Services